Wednesday, August 31, 2011

FOOL (NOT A LOVE STORY)


The night is gone and you are gone. How timing it is for last night I was still reading my monologue written 9 months ago when I'm still in love with you (more appropriately, emotionally attached with you); and when I woke up, you greeted me goodmorning that felt like a goodbye. You're in love but not with me--contrary to what you've been crying about for how many months that passed. Last month was the last time you told me you love me and today, you told me you're in love with her--a woman you've been meeting online for 6 months that you finally met in person. I'm hurt. It's like an overnight romance that ended when the morning came. See, I still have a hangover over the emotions that somehow managed to resurface, though not intense, while I was reading last night. I am hurt because I believed you when you told me you love me. I am hurt because I assumed and hoped that you are still hoping for my love after telling you that we need to end our communication so you can get over me. But damn! Why do I feel sad when you're already happy with her. And the last time you are crying because of me, I also felt sad. Why do I have to feel the same when I finally got what I wanted--for you to get over me? I did not expect myself to feel this way. I felt like a heartbroken fool (but the pain is, thankfully, bearable).But what difference does it make? I'm still a heartbroken fool. And you let me feel this way after loving me? Or was it really love? I hope you're happy now and I hope that I get over you getting over me (just like in a song).

No comments:

Post a Comment