Wednesday, August 31, 2011

EXCITEMENT


It started suddenly, almost without warning. Then slowly, it traveled down. I close my eyes and felt the tears rushing down my cheeks. Yes, here it is. The gush of joy filling my heart.

In a split second, I hear the most familiar laughter of all: the laughter that tears my heart and heals it as soon as it breaks. Then I forced my mind so I can take a glimpse of that person styling that laughter. And then I saw him: the face I would never ever forget. It is the face that wore the big black eyes that contain the most shining stars I've never seen in the night sky which I could only stare at in amazement. And it wore the most beautiful lips that I've ever tasted in my whole life. It was perfect.

I reached for the face so I can feel it's softness while my eyes remain shut. And then I felt it. It was as soft as a pillow. And I love it. I ran the back of my fingers across the softness of that skin. It was astonishingly almost real.

I smiled, then I opened my eyes. And I saw my hand resting on my pillow. I must have been out of my mind but my lips remained curved up.

Tomorrow, I would even kiss that pillow. And tomorrow, that pillow would even kiss me back passionately. Tomorrow, that face will no longer be a pillow because tomorrow I will be seeing my love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment