Thursday, October 6, 2011

EXPRESSING L0VE

My father is not the expressive or hugging type of guy. But I recall as a child, that he showed his love to me the only way be knew best -- he walked me in the park and we simply talked. A few months ago, Dad was trying to fix a light bulb in the garage. Standing on a chair for greater reach, he lost his balance and went crashing down. His head hit the concrete floor and he was brought to the hospital. Doctors needed to operate on his brain because of the blood dots. The gravest blow while he was confine in the hospital was severe pneumonia so he was hooked up to a respirator. We were directly told that he could go anytime. I looked at Dad's ashen face and whispered in his ear, "I love you. Dad!" That was when he regained consciousness for a few minutes. He looked at me with so much sadness in his eyes, raised one hand, touched my cheek and tried to hug me. He seemed to be bidding farewell. For both of us it was like clinging to eternity. My father got better after several months. I hug him more often now.

No comments:

Post a Comment